• How to measure your dog | hound before ordering one or more of my handcrafted dog collars or coats •
First step is to be well prepared with some necessary stuff:
• soft (sewing) measuring tape is most easy to use on your dog | hound,
• pen and paper to write down your measurements,
• some tasty & healthy treats (not for you but for you dog ;),
• and of course, now that you are ready, you can call your dog,
• all measurements must be taken with a hound in a “stack” | standing position.
MARTINGALE COLLAR • HALF CHOKE COLLAR • PULL STOP COLLAR
• Ø number in cm is indicating the head circumference:
– for example, 39 cm if you look at the first-left photo below;
– this will be also the size of an open collar;
• the difference between open and closed collar is usually of 5-6 cm,
– for example, 33 cm if you look at the second-right photo below;
• when ordering a custom collar, please send me both measurements;
• the correct size of the collar is, when it fits over the hound’s head smoothly, but not loosely;
• for correct and comfortable fit of the collar over hound | dog head, please open the collar at his maxiumum and turn the widest part of the collar always up, so it will fit smoothly over the head (on both sides, wearing and taking off).
• when ordering “Ready-to-wear” collar in my shop (pre-made collar):
– 1st and smaller number is indicating the 1st hole and,
– 2nd, bigger number, is indicating the last hole of the collar (always referring to neck circumference in cm);
• when ordering a custom | bespoke collar, please send me this two measurements:
– smallest number : narrowest part of the neck and
– bigger number : middle of the dog neck, where the collar will fit.
• when ordering a custom coat, please send me all measurements as indicating on picture.
MATCHING SET (this one was made on custome order)
• Below you can see just one example of my handcrafted matching set (collar with tassel and winter hound coat)